The Southern University Alumni Federation – Atlanta Chapter’s mentoring program seeks to create a one-to-one partnership that focuses on the needs of the Southern University student from the Atlanta area resulting in increased retention and academic success. The purpose of the mentoring program is to share knowledge and experience within the alumnus and student team to equip the student with the knowledge, techniques, and tools to ensure successful matriculation. The mentor, an alumnus who encourages and supports the student during his educational pursuits, provides:
- an expanded personal network
- information and perspective about the SU organization and culture
- a resource to help negotiate effectively with campus personnel
- a sounding board for the student’s academic and career goals as well as community service opportunities
- positive and constructive feedback on professional and personal development
The mentoring partnership lasts for one academic year. It will commence by the first week of August for the fall semester and the first week of January for the spring semester. If a student or alumni is interested in participating in the mentorship program, please email Tammy Clark at email@example.com.